Friday, January 18, 2013

Getting lost trying to use Windows 8?


Windows 8 is out in force.  If you haven’t experienced Microsoft’s newest release, you certainly will soon.  My maiden voyage occurred at Christmas.  I’ll spare you the gory details of my fumblings in front of relatives, as my niece’s brand new still-in-the-box laptop was handed to me to load Microsoft Excel.  I’ll simply say that the following Hotkeys may make your navigation to familiar territory easier than mine was…especially if you have an audience!

  • Windows Key + X   If you only remember one, remember this!  It will open a menu which includes items such as: Control Panel, Command Prompt, Task Manager, File Explorer, Power Options and Show the desktop.
  • Windows Key + D  - Simply shows the desktop
  • Windows Key + E  -  This opens ‘My Computer’
  • Windows Key + Tab  -  Allows you to cycle through your open apps. 
  • Windows Key + F  -  Opens up a search of files
  • Windows Key + R  -  Opens ‘Run’


This tip was brought to you by BizTech Networking Consultant, Larry Tussing

No comments:

Post a Comment